16 Jul 2013

A little bit about salted caramel macarons by ADRIANO ZUMBO

Note: I made these from a packet mix!

sorry I know some of you are fasting! :/ kia kaha


A while ago I made passionfruit macarons. Click the link for my previous macaron blog post!

I made these the same way:
beating meringue mix with water until stiff, mixing well with almond meal and piping onto baking paper that has circles traced on the back for easy guidelines.
My favorite part is piping them on the tray.
Baking for 15 minutes, until the 'feet' has set
Some have cracks... but not as bad as my last batch!

Some 'feet' have erupted :/ So I ate them as samples.
As you can see, not all of them turn out perfect. No problem though, they taste just as nice!
Pipe the salted caramel filling on and sandwich gently.
They look legit, yeah?
These came out better than the passionfruit ones I made a while back.
They turned out more perfect and I prefer them as they're not too sweet :)

I ate three when I tried them.
And a whole lunchbox full for my happy friends this week!


And to conclude,
I bought (and got given!) Giapo vouchers from grabone which I treated jt with :)

Some of the ice creams we tried...
 tiramisu and hazelnut
 pistachio and hokey pokey bacon!
 salted caramel (our favorite) and kiwifruit.

One more week til Semester 2 begins! I will be baking more this coming week :)

Signed
Elisa



No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?