6 Nov 2012

A little bit about painting!!

I haven't been baking or cooking for a while,
this is because I have been...

PAINTING!


Nautical
Acrylic on canvas 5"x7"

I love to paint.
I picked up the hobby in Year 11 and now my walls are full.
I think a some people found the ncea art boards tedious, and so did I, but I really enjoyed it and haven't stopped painting since.
I paint with water mixable oils

These are like oil paints, it blends nicely and creates the textures that oils are praised for, except you can use water to thin it out and it only takes about a week to be touch dry, so you can paint wet-on-dry.
 I haven't completely 100% finished this painting, so I'll show you a fuzzy portion snapshot ;)

Ballerinas
Acrylic on canvas 30"x40"
The ballerinas painting started probably about 3 years ago...
I started painting a praire landscape, did the sky and about a 30cm strip of grass with the water mixable oils, then left it.
A few months ago, I picked up the canvas again and covered it with blue acrylic.
It looked like abstract art.
When it dried, I saw ballerinas, so I painted them :)

Pohutukawa
oil on canvas 5"x7"

 A work in progress, pohutukawa flowers :)

unfinished
Acrylic and oil on canvas 5"x7"
I started this recently with an acrylic base. It is of a photo taken of me and my mum in Puncak years and years ago.

Me: I looked happy so I must've still been an only child.
Mum: Of course you were happy, you were wearing a Benetton top and OshKosh overalls.
Me: Benetton?? As in UNITED COLORS of BENETTON?!

What a styly child.


And to conclude,
jt asked me, "What is that slice called with the jam and the meringue?"
"Louise slice?"
"Oh Louise!! I've been going through girls' names all day!!"

Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?