19 Aug 2012

A little bit about chocolate chip cookie cheesecake sandwhich

Cheesecake sandwiched between two cookies. Pretty awesome?
I first saw them on Michelle's blog http://effortlessly-beautiful.tumblr.com/post/12359818403/cheesecake-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars-this
And she brought them along to Claire's 21st and I loved them.
First layer: cookie
Second layer: cheesecake filling
Third layer: cookie
Bake, cut and eat :)
Kraft's Philadelphia cream cheese I used
I alterated the recipe to make it simpler, omitting the shortening and the cider vinegar, and used a cookie recipe for the base.

Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake

cookie dough base found here (you can substitute the caramel bits for normal chocolate chips)

cheesecake filling:
1 block 250g cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence

1. Make the cookie dough, but do not bake.
2. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
3. Add sugar, egg and vanilla and beat.
4. Line a slice tin with baking paper, flatten 1/2 to 3/4 of the cookie dough in the bottom.
5. Pour in cheesecake mixture.
6. Roll the rest of the cookie dough into balls and flatten, place on top of the cheesecake layer.
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until top is cooked and starting to brown. (mine actually took longer than 35 mins, but it could've been my oven)
I made these for Student Life girls' movie night at Pen's. We watched the best ballet movie ever ; Centre Stage.
Beautiful movie with beautiful people <3

And to conclude, The Word for Today is a free daily devotional book from Rhema Broadcasting. A few months ago I sent in a few photos from my amazing Canterbury weekend to be used on the cover. One of them almost got chosen for the final design!! But it only came second. . .
 so they sent me 'my own' copy with my photo on it!
 This was taken in She Chocolat's cafe in Governor's Bay, Christchurch. The view from the cafe. . .
They had such a cute happy and artistic garden
And good coffee made with real chocolate too :) Good start to an awesome day.

Signed,
Elisa

2 comments:

  1. Cheesy Sweety! They were delicious. I'm going to try make them. You should do a blog on the pasta from the weekend too! ;)
    Congratulations on getting your photo on the cover of word for you today! It is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheesy sweetie! I forgot you guys called them that :P I will write the pasta blog very soon! And thanks, even though that photo only came 2nd, I will keep trying to be the chosen one

      Delete

what are your thoughts on this post?