29 Jun 2013

A little bit about a date: Station and Chocolate Boutique

I have just finished my 5 exams and it feels so good. As good as dipping a spoon in a nutella jar... mmm...
But not so good when I think of the results :/
It's okay, I've done my best- letting God do the rest!




jt and I celebrated by having a day full of good food..

We went to Station Canteen and Espresso for lunch, famous for their $6 meals
They have a mix of cuisines; Chinese, Italian, European, Thai...
So many people have recommended it to me, and six bucks for a meal at a restaurant? Unheard of! So we went to check it out...
I was starving after my 3 hour morning exam!! I ordered spaghetti bolognese $6 pretty delicious... It hit the spot. But I was still really hungry after that. What is this?! Can anyone explain why I can eat 3 dinners during exams? Is it the stress, is it because studying requires a lot of energy and I'm not eating enough to keep it up? I'm hungry as I write this and I had two servings for dinner...

jt's chicken noodle soup. It smelled so good!!
He said it was to his expectations (and he has high expectations)

I loved the decor and ambience immediately.
The place was well decorated, sunny, airy and had a relaxed feel. I can tell they would get pretty full and busy sometimes!
this is the seating just before the main doors.



Oh and do you know what's awkward? Unisex toilets.
They basically had one bathroom with two cubicles, one for gents one for ladies.
So awkward!!




Anyway, we walked to Parnell afterwards, to the Chocolate Boutique!
My banoffee parfait! Bananas with hokey pokey ice cream, cream, toffee sauce and grated russian fudge.


The Chocolate Boutique is one of my favorite dessert places, I had been looking forward to sharing it with jt.
The selection, the price, the food... To read a previous post about it, click here: The Chocolate Boutique
Chocolate waffle!! Look at that pleased face :) He said it was delicious
You know the food's good when he makes satisfied sounds when he eats :p
yumm...
It was delicious indeed.



The rest of the day we spent walking to Newmarket, leaving him at a bookstore while I perused the make up and the dresses and stockings... Then we went home and watched Rhys Darby Live DVD and cooked spaghetti bolognese!

It was so yum, I had two big bowls, which is about quadruple the portion I normally eat...
Follow the recipe here, but instead of half a can of water we used a quarter cup of red wine.


jt was well fed today and in turn, it made me feel good about myself!
Girls, feed your men.




And to conclude,

We've been getting into Dynamo: Magician Impossible shows.
I am really into magic and tricks,
Look at his trick here, where he slams a phone into a glass bottle and the cellphone is stuck inside http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c6s-G6LGEM

I've been youtubing all his tricks, because I can't stand not knowing how the tricks work! Unfortunately, it's not as impressive when they are revealed :p Watch them on youtube! They are mind boggling.

Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?