30 Jan 2014

A little bit about the best dip I have ever tasted

Calci came over one night with a food hamper!
In the gorgeous basket was this curious packet of dip mix and a pot of sour cream to make a dipping sauce for chips, veges, crackers..
So I gave it a go!

As you can see, it contains onion, red pepper, sundried tomato, salt, garlic basil and chives.

Red Pepper Pesto Dip

250 gr (one tub) sour cream
1/2 cup mayonaisse
1 packet of red pepper pesto dip mix

Combine, chill and serve with carrot sticks.



The result?
We ate the whole thing between the 4 of us. Which, now thinking about it, is like eating a quarter of a tub of sour cream.

But it's okay cause we ate it with carrots, which cancels out the fat. (and btw TJ if you're reading this... this is what happened to the carrots that I was saving for carrot cake.) It tastes like aioli with a tangy, very addicting flavor.


I asked Calci where she got the dip mix from and she said Farro!!
I went to the one in Mt Wellington and they had other dip mixes there for $2.80, like Tzatziki, roasted garlic and taragon, dill and wild onion... For a full list of flavors click here.

I got 2 more sachets of the same flavor, because it was the simplest to make. The others required adding extra fresh vegetables so I just picked the fast and familiar.

I brought it to a day outing and I got asked for the recipe twice! So I thought I should let you all know... It was a packet mix.


On the back of the packet, it also has other recipes for a cheese ball and pasta sauce.
I had it with dinosaur shape pasta tonight!

Pasta sauce

250 g (one tub) cream cheese
1/4 cup mayonaisse
1 packet red pepper pesto dip mix

Mix together over heat and add a little milk (I added about a quarter to a half cup).

I then added chopped chorizo and stirred it in with the hot pasta.
Delicious.


And to conclude,

I have had lengthy discussions about this with the bf and the bffe and the mother but the question still remains:
To buy or not to buy?
That 250 though...


Signed,

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?