6 Jan 2014

Easy bruschetta

Long time since I last blogged.

I've been busy...

In October I studied hard core for my exams. November came and everything I learned was regurgitated- correctly or not, I passed all my exams.
Then I had jury duty and the next week; WORK!

I am an engineering intern at Auckland Transport- the job I've been wanting since the start of the year when I took CIVIL 360- Transportation Engineering and seeing AT at the engineering careers fair.

When I had a break from work, I went to chch to spend 10 days with the boyfriend's family... Lovely lovely, one of the best holidays I've had... Everything was so good. I didn't want to return yesterday :/
But fun times had to end.
We had a Christmas celebration, met one side of the family, the childhood friends, went blo karting, attended jt's cousin's wedding as the groomsman's date.
Everything was so lovely.














I missed it all so much, at work today I googled all the places we went to, hoping to catch the happiness I left behind.

One great food I had when I was there was the bruschetta(pronouned brus-ke-ta) that Gee and D-man made for us.
And I created the simpler (lazier) version for dinner tonight.


one baguette
butter
garlic, crushed or chopped finely
2 tomatoes
one handful of fresh basil (I got one of those packets from the salad section in Countdown)
olive oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (I was meant to put balsamic or white wine vinegar but we didn't have any so I used apple cider vinegar instead, which worked just as fine)
salt and pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Slice the baguette into one-inch diagonal slices
3. Combine butter and finely chopped/ crushed garlic and spread on one side of bread slices to make garlic bread
4. Wrap the baguette in aluminium foil and bake for approximately 15 mins. Alternatively, you can place the slices on a tray if you like it really crunchy
Meanwhile, prepare the bruschetta topping
5. Core the tomatoes and take out the seeds. Chop tomatoes into cubes
6.Finely chop the basil- not as big as I did :/
7. Combine in a bowl with vinegar, drizzle over olive oil and sprinklings of salt and pepper
8. Spoon over top of baked baguette and eat :)

And to conclude,
Who enjoyed boxing day sales? I could finally buy something from Smith n Caugheys

Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?