20 Nov 2013

A little bit about whoopie pies

Miss Shell woke me up with a txt asking if I was doing anything that day.
I said I was going to Newmarket so we scheduled a shopping trip.

"I'll pick you up at 12," she said.
"What! That's half an hour away, I'm still in bed?!"


I didn't have time to have breakfast, so we headed to Whoppie on Nuffield St to use her vouchers! So kind of her to take me.

Whoopie store is right next to Kikki K. It's a small walk-by store with minimal seating and great store display.

They sell whoopie pies, cake pops, milkshakes, whoopie sundaes (which are whoopie pie with ice cream and sauce), coffee and my favorite Harney & Sons tea.
They also do birthday cakes and event catering! Check out their site linked below...

Monday - Friday 9:00am-6pm (Friday till 8pm)
Saturday 9.30am-4:30pm & Sunday 10am - 4:30pm
Nuffield St, next to Kikki K

After seeing their stall at the Foodshow, I've always wanted to try a whoopie pie and this time I had the just the person to go with!
Vanilla bean & Berry, Lemon & Coconut and Multi flavor cake pops for $3.50 ea

From left: Blackcurrant Cinnamon, Jaffa (gluten free), Jam Donut, Peanut Butter Choc Chip, Red Velvet, Chocolate Hazelnut, Banana Walnut & Salted Caramel, Rosewater & Mixed Berry Cream Cheese, Milk Chocolate Ganache & Caramel Popcorn... $5 each

And then they had these mini ones! So cute! I think they were about $3.50 ea
The tea they serve; my favorite brand
We got ours in a cute box
2 cake pops and 2 whoopie pies;
Mixed flavor and Vanilla Bean Berry cake pops and
Chocolate Hazelnut and Banana Walnut & Salted Caramel whoopies

Oh my, I tell you the salted caramel icing in that banana whoopie... so amazing.

I will be back to try their other flavors; Mint Chocolate, Apple Crumble, Pina Colada and Caramel Popcorn.
Oh and those whoopie sundaes...


And to conclude,

I have had a GREAT holiday so far; Thai team commissioning night, Lauren's party, jury service...
Today I am off to Waiheke for a day (spontaneous decision) then starting my new internship at Auckland Transport next week ;)

Signed,

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?