23 Oct 2016

Pack with me!

In my last post, I wrote about how excited I am to go to California for three weeks! So let's start off the travel blog series with packing.

First, the cameras...
I will be vlogging my entire trip! I want to remember everything. The heat, the roads, the sounds, the food... For that I use my iPhone 6s. The back camera is also fantastic for point and shoot photography. I am taking my 5000mAh powerbank as well.
My Canon 600D is for HD shots and my new tripod is coming with me too.
For the bike rides along Santa Monica beach and across the Golden Gate Bridge, I am taking my GoPro Hero.


My makeup!
Because I will be vlogging, I need to be camera ready at all times (hahaha).
Finding the right makeup to travel with can be tricky. You need products that are versatile, in sturdy but lightweight packaging and compact.
Then you have to find a makeup bag that fits it all and will protect them. I actually use a pencil case from Smiggle! The pencil pockets are perfect for small brushes, mascara and eyeliner.

American Airlines allows me to take two luggages to be checked in, each 23kg. That's a lot!
I packed my summer clothes for the 30 degree heat in LA and a jacket for the 18C, potentially windy and unpredictable San Fran bay climate.
This only filled up a quarter of one suitcase. The other empty suitcase is for the hauls over there ;)
Travelling to USA also requires a TSA approved lock. It means that they have a master key to open your suitcases and won't need to break open any locks.


Perhaps the most important is the carry-on items. If you were isolated for 12 hours, what would you take with you?
Me: a jacket, socks, lipbalm, nasal spray, headphones, jetlag pills, iPhone charger...
It's a good idea to carry the valuables in the carry on, just in case your other luggage is lost or late. I packed a change of clothes too.

Let me know, what are your travel must-haves?
My no.1 is definitely my powerbank! Just don't forget the charging cable.


Signed,

Elisa
ps. you can subscribe to my YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/elisahardijanto

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?