19 Jul 2013

A little bit about cheesecake brownies

Who loves brownies? Who loves cheesecake? This one's for you!

I have a Studentlife conference reunion tomorrow and a group of girls are baking a lil some'in ;)
Although I can't join them, I thought I'd make some brownies to bring along...


I used Cadbury baking chocolate, but I think it would be nicer with eating chocolate; Whittaker's dark ghana, for example.
Okay, confession: I incorrectly read the recipe I was following- I thought I was supposed to melt chocolate and butter together, but it was actually just the chocolate to be melted, so I had to quickly reinvent the own recipe, altering the method and quantity... It turned out great in the end!
The cheesecake mixture: cream cheese, egg, caster sugar and vanilla.
Pour in brownie mix then cheesecake mix. Dollop remaining brownie mix over top
And marble with a toothpick
 
Half an hour later, you have cheesecake brownies!!


Cheesecake Brownies
Brownies:
200g block of dark chocolate
200g unsalted butter
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
1 cup plain flour

Cheesecake mixture:
250g cream cheese
¼ cup caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 egg

1.       Over a low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring with a wooden spoon.
2.       Remove from heat and cool. Meanwhile, make the cheesecake mixture: Beat all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
3.       In a separate bowl, beat caster sugar and eggs until combined.
4.       Fold in flour and pour in the melted chocolate mixture. Stir until smooth.
5.       In a lined tin, pour in brownie mixture, reserving about half a cup.
6.       Pour in cheesecake mixture over top.
7.       With the half cup of brownie mix, dollop over the top and make marble pattern using a toothpick.
8.       Bake at 180C for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9.       Cool in tin then cut into squares.


Om nom noms <3

And to conclude,
LOOK AT MY NEW MIRROR!!
It flips around and it's so great to put on my desk when I need to do my makeup, I can just flip it when I'm studying so I don't distract myself!

Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?