29 Jul 2013

A little bit about homemade subway cookies

I love subway cookies!
The M&M ones are the best and I made my own at home. Going to share them with my action group.. :D


ps. If they're microwaved for 15sec, they'll taste more like legit subway cookies :p


Subway Cookies
225gr butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
6 Tbsp white sugar
2 eggs
4 tsp vanilla essence
3 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag (200 gr) M&Ms

1. Beat butter and both sugars until soft
2. Add egg, one at a time, beating well after each addition
3. Add vanilla essence and continue beating until well mixed
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, soda and salt with a fork
5. Combine with butter mixture and mix with a spatula until just combined
6. Roll into balls and add M&Ms before flattening
7. Bake at 150C for 17 minutes and cool on tray for about 15 minutes

Makes 30 cookies

all the red ones for jt...


And to conclude,
I went to The Shelf, a fairly new cafe on High street. It is so pretty and has been recommended to me so many times, I'll do a blogpost on it when I go there next to try their waffles :D
Look at their hot chocolate! For $5.50 is was pretty special...
Hot steamed milk with a chocolate stick to stir and melt and a mini jug of chocolate syrup for the sweet tooth :D
Very satisfied.

Signed,
Elisa

1 comment:

  1. Wow they look really good! You're so talented Elisa :) I know of a talent show you could've entered ;) think the judges would've loved you. I found it interesting that you added both baking soda AND baking powder.. just wondering what the reason behind that was? As opposed to say, 2tsp baking powder:p

    ReplyDelete

what are your thoughts on this post?