6 Sept 2013

A little bit about three course meal at Starry Thai

So it was Lauren and Elisa's date time again...
It's a time where we talk about our dreams, our hopes, our respected men and marriage.


We looked on grabone that day and BOOM three course meal at Starry Thai !
$38 for two people... pretty legit.

Starry Thai
2 Stanley Street
Parnell, Auckland
Monday - Friday Lunch 11.30-3pm 
Monday - Saturday Dinner 6-9:30pm

Entree- spring rolls
and money bags, which are mince pork with thai herbs and peanuts.
Lauren got the snapper with tamarind, chilli and vegetables ($25.50)
And I got the sirloin with mandarin sauce. It had little pieces of mandarin in it.. mmm :)

I asked for it 'well-done' but it actually came out medium-rare. Pretty awks but it was still very delicious.
Dessert was warm sticky rice with coconut cream.

They have this in Indonesia, called 'ketan hitam', and it is one of my well-liked desserts.

I love Thai food!!
It is probably my favorite Asian cuisine. Thai or Japanese...
I'm not a big fan of Asian food but give me Thai any day, I'll say yes.

I thought I'd be bursting after a three course meal, but I was pretty disappointed to find that I could still eat :p But at the same time, satisfied with the meal we just shared and the conversation that took place.
So blessed to have a best friend for eternity that you know you'll see in heaven!


If you ever get the chance to dine at Starry Thai, I recommend the NZ eye fillet with Thai three taste sauce that comes on a flaming hot plate ($29.50). A bit expensive, I know but it seemed very popular!
More than 4 tables ordered it when we dined and it came sizzling on a hot plate, the waitress would then pour a shot of alcohol and light the whole plate up on fire. I could feel the heat as the table next to us ordered one.


And to conclude,
I've been sick with a cold and suspected bronchitis that just got better. But I still can't smell/ taste anything, which is why I have not been baking... I can't taste my food! :( It seriously sucks.



Signed,

Elisa Hardijanto

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?