8 Feb 2013

A little bit about this chinese cake

I was hanging out with my Cantonese speaking friends one night and they introduced me to this cake!!!
We tried so hard to get it out of the tin lol...
You can see the cracks we made from prying it out with a spatula, fork and knife. 
And banging it on the bench... then Miss Shell accidentally dropped it in a bowl of hot water while trying to loosen it from the pan...

But wait for it,

She cut it up into slices (not wedges), coated it in egg...
AND FRIED IT.

!!!!!!!

Life changing, I tell you.

It was like crispy on the outside but chewy on the inside... And it smelled AMAZING (we accidentally set off the fire alarm at 10.30 at night :/ )

I can't remember what it's called and if I did I can't pronounce it, but I know how to say I'm hungry in Cantonese

ngo tou ngo

ngo gaam gan fei aa [I am on a diet]


And to conclude,
look at this tshirt!
Feihae won a personalised printed tshirt featuring one of Geoffrey's drawings. So cool!

Signed,
Elisa

2 comments:

what are your thoughts on this post?