18 Mar 2014

How to impress your employers on your last day

To farewell me from my summer job, my department held a morning tea during the last week.
It was lovely because the other interns in the other departments didn't get one :p

I had brought some orange apricot and cinnamon loaf to Payne, who sat next to me a couple week before and he said I should bring some loaf to morning tea.

What I love about loaf is that it has a lot of flavor as well as texture, and it's in the shape of bread, so it must be healthy!!

It was well received too, all the engineers loved it :)

This one contains one whole apple, peeled and cubed.
So if you eat the whole loaf, you're basically eating an apple.
You know it's going to be good when there's a brown sugar cinnamon combo...
There are 3 layers to this aple cinnamon loaf: the loaf batter, apple and cinamon sugar.
And of course, chocolate! I used a rich Old Gold 70% cocoa block

Apple cinnamon and chocolate chip loaf

1/3 cup brown sugar
1tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
115 gr butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 block chocolate, chopped
1 apple, peeled and chopped


1. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
2. Beat together white sugar and butter.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time until well mixed, then add vanilla essence.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix by hand.
5. Add milk and mix until smooth, folding in chocolate chunks.
6. Pour half the batter in a lined loaf tin.
7. Add half the chopped apples, lightly patting into batter.
8. Sprinkle half the brown sugar and cinnamon over top.
9. Repeat the layers.
10. Swirl the brown sugar mixture at the top with a spoon.
11. Bake at 180C for 45 minutes. Check with toothpick


Firstly I thanked everyone for welcoming me in the team for the past 3 months and told them that my friends have been telling me to quit engineering and start a bakery. So after trying a slice of my apple cinnamon chocolate loaf, they said "work for us and bake for us too!".


And to conclude,

Did I tell you me and Miss Shell attended a cake decorating demo? It was amaaazing! So life changing. We watched the lady from Go Bake roll fondant into roses and butterflies and the color of the sea when it changes tide.
I really want to decorate cakes!!

Signed,

Elisa

1 comment:

  1. "This one contains one whole apple, peeled and cubed.
    So if you eat the whole loaf, you're basically eating an apple."

    I like your logic there!

    ReplyDelete

what are your thoughts on this post?