19 Mar 2014

A little bit about nacho crumbed chicken

I got given a huge bag of corn chips- like a school camp sized one.
After snacking on them at uni and eating 4 meals of nachos, there was still a third of the bag left!!

So I googled 'meals with corn chips' and it came up with a recipe that uses corn chips as a crumb coating for chicken!


I made it for dinner tonight and it was actually DELICIOUS!
I like the crunchy texture, the cheese sprinkled on top and the mayo sauce that keeps the chicken tasty and not dry.

Corn chips make great crumb coating.


Nacho crumbed chicken

some corn chips (maybe half a bag)
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup mayonaisse
1 tsp onion salt (or garlic salt/ chicken salt, anything that will give it a salty flavor)
1 tsp paprika powder (or peri peri, anything that will give it a nice zing)
2 tsp lime juice
500 gr skinless boneless chicken breast
  1. Crush the corn chips. You can do this by putting it in the food processor for fine crumbs, but I just bashed it with a rolling pin.
  2. Combine in a bowl with the grated cheese.
  3. In a separate bowl, stir together mayo, onion salt, paprika and lime juice.
  4. Slice chicken breast pieces to portion sizes.
  5. Dunk chicken piece in mayo bowl and coat thoroughly with chips. The easiest way to do this is using tongs.
  6. Place on a lined tray and bake at 180C for 25 mins, or until the chicken is cooked and not pink.


Serve immediately with salad and potatoes.

I also had garlic bread with this, it was still in the oven when I took the photo.
Oh and I had another piece of chicken beacuse it was just SO GOOD!!!


And to conclude,

I'm contemplating subscribing to GoodieBox! Not only do I enjoy baking, I also love doing makeup as a way to be creative and work with colors.
GoodieBox is a monthly box you receive with 5 'deluxe sized' beauty samples in it- it could be cosmetics, hair care, food- for $25 a month plus $5 shipping.

Do you think it's worth it? Is anyone a subscriber? Let me know!! I'm planning on subscribing next month after I move in to my new house.

Signed,
Elisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?