1 Feb 2016

Chapter 1 | Waiting for Someone

A compilation of stories, inspired by true events
 previous chapter Chapter 0 | Nighthawks

Today I seated a girl by the bay window. She was waiting outside by the doorway looking around. She struck me as incredibly pretty with her long wavy yellow hair. Like goldspun thread down her back to her waist.
She timidly stepped inside and looked around again.
"I've got this one, Carl," I cut in as I saw Carl getting a menu to serve her.
I showed her to table 11, the window overlooking the fountain in the park. She looked like the type to absorb the sun and radiate it through her smile.
"Thank you," she said when I poured her water.
Cute smile, I thought.
I left her for a while as she flicked through the menu. After a reasonable amount of time and she hadn't flagged down Carl nor I, I approached her.
"Can I get you anything..." Then a thought entered my mind almost as immediately as I said it. She's waiting for someone, of course she was. Someone as pretty as her has to be taken. A football player in high school; buff, Prom King, Cartier watch. A man so attractive that it didn't make her angry that he was over twenty minutes late. Some luckier guy was on his way, finding a carpark for his BMW. And he was going to see her burst into a smile when he walks in. She'll stand to her feet and he'll envelop her in a hug for her to inhale his cologne.
"Or are you-" I continued.
"Waiting for someone," We both said at the same time, and she gave a sheepish smile.
"Of course," I smiled back politely before leaving her to flick through the menu again.

But a while later, a girl walked in and they hugged like two best friends.




next chapter Chapter 2 | Dry Eyed

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?