23 Feb 2016

Fed Deli brunch

We're just three girls who love God and that's how our paths crossed.
One day in 2013 I met one of them and realised that she lives next door to me and then over the years figured out that we both #loveleo.
I met the other girl... I can't quite remember when. The first time I remember talking to her was when I was waiting at the bus stop after dessert at Milse and she had just finished work at Cafe Hanoi. That was when she started dating my 'lil bro' and I was asking her about it and if he gave her flowers.
Because flowers, no matter the impracticality or lack of function they have, are a great gesture of affections. The most nature-al thing to show your natural feelings.

Anyway, I had been wanting to go back to the Fed for brunch ever since someone asked if I had had their griddle cakes. Last time I went for dinner, it was delicious and I loved the diner atmosphere. So I went back and took ma two gurls with me.
Their website describes it as an "old school New York Jewish deli". Pretty American, that's my take on it.
It's right on Federal Street, where the entrance to the Skytower is. We watched a number of bungee jumpers risk their lives for twenty seconds of adrenalin. Not for us, we thought.
An iced coffee for me, because they don't do espresso; they only have filter. Worth noting that it is bottomless filter! 
Iced coffee was nothing special, although I do like this style more than a frappe.


For the full menu, click here
Morning Glory; breakfast salad with portabello mushroom, haloumi, poached egg and dukkah $18
Griddle cakes; blueberry pancakes with cinnamon butter and nutty crunch $18
Turkey on rye; with cranberry, walnuts, smoked cheese and apple $15


Not bad, a little on the pricey side than most nice cafes. But we enjoyed catching up with each other.


And to conclude,

Here is my latest artwork; Tintin's first meeting with Captain Haddock. Taken from The Crab with the Golden Claws.

Signed,

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?