12 Dec 2012

A little bit about Verve

I like cafes in Parnell.
I like the openess, I like having dessert at the Chocolate Boutique, I like the rose gardens and the art school nearby, the interiors store with their funky christmas ornaments, the antique stores with gorgeous diamond rings, Natalie Chan and the exquisite head pieces that I'd wear if I were ever invited to high tea with Princess Kate (who is having a baby!!)...

Wally and I had lunch at Verve cafe, which boasts $3 coffees and $10 daily specials
The first time I came here was on my birthday, I sampled the french toast (not too recommendable. The french toast at Brick by Brick in Onehunga is the best so far)

This time, I ordered the corn and courgette fritters $18
A delight
Three stacks of tasty, soft fritters with bacon, salsa, salads and sweet chilli sauce
Wally ordered the bruschetta
Crispy slices of bread topped with rocket, tomatoes, red onion, chicken and vinagrette sauce
Both dishes were more than satisfactory; filling, flavorsome and fresh.

We spent our time talking about how nice it is sleeping in a freshly made bed with clean sheets...

And dessert?
eelynaffit said the best macarons she's had is from gateaux house in Newmarket, where I also got my caramel macchiato birthday cake from
Caramel and strawberry macarons $2 . 80

And to conclude,

I got new toys!


And I've been painting...
Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?