13 Dec 2012

A little bit about the yummiest dinner I've made

My boyfriend's a good cook.

He always laughs (humbly) when I bring up this fact, but it's the truth.
And I get a little jealous sometimes because he has cool cooking stories and I'm just like, yea i made spag bol... and fried rice...
And he's like, was it real Indonesian nasi goreng?
And I'm like, What's the difference between fried rice and nasi goreng? they're the same?

Apparently they're different.

When we have the chance, I get him to cook- I mean, we cook together- and the result has always been impressive.
From ambrosia dessert and trifle to homemade pizza, Korean LA galbi beef and goulash...

And then his younger sister tells me she loves to cook and now I'm like,
whoa. need to get my act together.

I've been dining out the past 3 nights in a row, so I decided to utilise my kitchen with the new Solatube installed!!!

Summer potato salad

750g potatoes
200g middle bacon
1 cup honey mustard/ mayonaisse
1 cup sour cream
2 spring onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp dried/ freshly chopped parsley
salt and pepper

1. Wash and chop the potatoes into 2cm bite sized cubes. Place them in a large pot of salted cold water.
2. Bring to the boil and let simmer until potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork. (Be careful you don't overcook them cause they'll become too soft and crumble in the mixing). Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, pan fry the bacon and cut into pieces.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the honey mustard mayonaise and sour cream.
5. Toss in the chopped spring onions, tomatoes and gently stir in the potatoes and bacon.
6. Sprinkle with parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste.


Dinner is served...
The recipe for my peri peri crumbed chicken can be found here :)


And to conclude... Holly Taylor you asked for a video of me doing ballet?
But seriously,
my favourite pas de deux and Tchaikovsky piece!

Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?