28 Jul 2012

A little bit about dumplings on Dominion Road

After a night of this. . .
"Hi this is Elisa from Student Life. . . free magazine? . . . Look out for the asian girl with black hair and glasses. Ha I'm joking, I'll wear bright pink shoes."

And this. . .
"An nyoung ha seh yo."

And this. . . 
"I won't listen to your phone conversation, I promise."

We went to this. . .

Dumplings!
The place is called New Flavour, 541 Dominion Rd near the Dominion and Balmoral road intersection, open 5pm-3am.

We went with Lauren after church and calling night. Even though she had made deliciously hearty pumpkin soup with bacon before church, we could still eat. A lot.

Toffee with kumara.

So yummy! Interesting combination right? But it works. The toffee was sticky, hot and sweet, drizzled over fried kumara.

My personal favourite would be the brown sugar pancakes.
It's a dense pancake with sweet syrup inside.

But we came here for the dumplings! Beef and onion, 20 for $9.
And it even comes in troll faces. . .
Would I come here again? Yes. For the countless times I've gotten hungry at midnight and 24/7 McDonalds across the road does not tempt.
Order the: Dumplings; pork, beef, chicken, steamed or fried. Definitely try the toffee kumara.

Food is flavoursome (and free Chinese tea, which apparently is $1 a cup in Chch :O ), opens late and so cheap. But it's a small place and gets busy, might have to try your luck.

And to conclude... Calci is going to the Langham for buffet.
I am so jealous. One day. . .
One day someone will take me for high tea or dinner...

Signed,
Elisa.

2 comments:

  1. who's lauren?
    the troll face is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren is my best friend! Haha funny trolls... Not often you check under a dumpling before you eat it

      Delete

what are your thoughts on this post?