2 Aug 2016

How I wash my makeup brushes

Makeup brushes should be thoroughly washed regularly. Even if they're just sitting on the makeup table, dust and bacteria will settle on the brushes. And you don't want that to be the cause of your pimples, breakouts and uneven makeup application.

I use them almost everyday so fortnightly is a good guideline, especially for brushes that I use to apply liquid foundation with.
With eyeshadow brushes, I switch between colors and glitters. So I often spot clean these brushes with a spray brush cleanser by ELF, you can buy this brand at Kmart.

Another thing you can buy at Kmart that helps a lot with deep cleansing is this silicon oven mitt!


It is a similar concept as the Sigma brush cleaning glove, which sells for $40+ and you can't purchase in NZ.

My friend told me she had seen someone use a silicon grid-patterned pot holder to wash their brushes with. They are sold at Kmart for $2!
Then I found this oven glove which does the same job. It has a textured raised surface so it cleans the bristles well. It is silicon; it doesn't absorb water and is easily washable with soap. The best part is I can put my hand inside it and squeeze the bristles between my thumb and finger to get water out.
I bought this for $6 or $7 at Kmart.

I use a basic bar of soap. I got one for sensitive skin because it will be gentler to use on my brushes.
For my makeup sponge, I use a liquid soap. Again, a sensitive or organic one. The less harsh, the better.

Watch my video here to see how I deep clean my brushes!


Signed,

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?