20 Jul 2012

A little bit about caramel chocolate chip cookie bars

I was attracted to a sign in the baking aisle of Countdown yesterday: Buy 3 Nestle items and get a free 6 pack cupcake molds. I can't resist deals like these; done it with soup packets, Nutella, Oreos...
I got dark cooking chocolate for brownies, condensed milk for my special hazelnut slice and caramel bits for cookies! And of course, cupcakes which I've never made before.
But first... Caramel chocolate chip cookies with Nestle's caramel bits. I opened the packet... and it smelled SO GOOD. You'll need a cup of these... And what remains is good for snacking or melted to eat with ice cream.
Toss them in, give it a mix. If you like cookie dough, I bet you'll like this cookie dough.
I wanted to make different cookies. So I got my slice tin and pressed a flat layer of dough. We'll see how this turns out...
I rolled the rest into small balls. 
This recipe is a little different to another cookie recipe I would normally use for chocolate chips cookies. The dough is a lot stickier and the balls spread out to flatten. So roll them up smaller than you usually would there's no need to flatten them, leave a generous gap between each. You don't have to be quite as generous as I have, that was just how much dough was left.


Yum and yum
While the cookie was still soft, I experimented.

And the rest I cut into bars.
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1/2 cup butter (115 g)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/8 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup Nestle's caramel bits

Cream the butter and sugars until pale and creamy.
Lightly beat egg and vanilla and gradually beat together with the butter mixture.
Sift in flour and soda.
Mix thoroughly.
Add chocolate chips.
Flatten into lined tin or roll into balls and place on lined baking tray.
Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.

And to conclude;
"If you're dating it's not stalking." -jt

Signed,
Elisa




No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?