3 Oct 2012

A little bit about turning twenty

This is my last week of being a teenager.

No more rebelling, no more tantrums, no more 'YOLO'
not that I did any of that.

Next week I would've lived for 2 decades. That's a long time. As one of my friends put it: halfway to 40.
Yikes.

When I look back on the past 20 years of my life, I think I've accomplished a fair amount...
Moved to NZ, survived 4 years of boarding school, got accepted into Auckland Uni, (didn't get into archi) got into civil eng, met a boy (turned out to be a cute and likeable boy), went swimming at Takapuna beach in July, boarded a plane by myself, met my best friend, fought cancer, went on a mission trip to Fiji, got elected as Auckland Student Life co-president for 2013, started a blog, memorised my credit card number after much online shopping, owned 18 pairs of shoes at one point (my goal was to reach 20 pairs by the time I turn 20, but a lot of them broke and so did my bank account)...

I'm going to miss saying "I'm nineTEEN." For some reason saying the 'teen' makes me feel a younger. Not that 20 is 'old', I just feel that it's really really daunting.

Like, I don't have a life plan. I know a lot of people know where they want to be, their calling, their job...
But I still don't know what to do in terms of career, studies, relationship, health, I don't even know what I'm doing this summer.

Then I was looking through my cellphone the other day and came across this note I had typed months ago:
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

Sometimes, I forget.
I forget that God makes all things work for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28)
And unlike me, God doesn't forget. When He makes a promise, he keeps to it.

So I'm holding on to hope and truth.
The truth is: God has a plan. A plan that is good. What you see is limited, but when you give it all to God; He is limitless and He can do so much more than you can.
I hope- I KNOW- that I'll be happy.

And to conclude,
my friends started up a cupcake business. Check it out here
I'm ordering strawberry cupcakes for my birthday- vanilla with stawberry custard filling and icing :D

Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?