20 Feb 2013

A little bit about Christchurch adventures

I went to Chch :) The city where there are bike lanes on the road, you can see right up to the horizon because there are no hills, and the people are super lovely... 
I enjoyed the hospitality of Gee, her cranberry sauce, the teddy bear she gave me and the room that smells like vanilla. Look at this light above her staircase! Ever since Year 13 graphics project, where we had to design feature lights, I have been easily impressed with the aesthetics of electrical features. I just love that light.


Calci and I had breakfast at Addington Coffee co-op, recommended by four friends, and they were right! Breakfast was delicious...
Although known for its excellent fair-trade coffee, I am unfortunately giving up my every-second-day-trim lattes due to impulsive behaviour. But Calci had a cappucino and she said it was delicious :) It looked very good...


Eggs benedict with bacon
My buttermilk waffles with golden syrup kohu road ice cream, maple syrup and berry coulis.
So delicious. 
I am so craving some right now, I am going to make waffles right after this. 

I think deep belgian waffle makers produce better, crispier waffles because they turn out thinner and the squares trap more maple syrup :)) mmm...



They have flags instead of table numbers, it reminded me of Little & Friday in Auckland, where they have painted animal figurines. Does anyone know what flag that is?
What is this; murky tap water!! 
It was fine to drink though, apparently.

Oh and I saw this guy that looked like Shia LeBeouf from the side...
Agree??
Homemade bread cooling on the window sill...
Yup, I am definitely making waffles after this.


Being keen civil engineers, Calci and I went to the city centre to look at construction sites
Restart mall with its shipping containers
Look at those trusses
The timber construction here impressed me. I think it was the 2 degrees, ANZ building
Why are the steel poles bent? Is it because it would be harder to buckle (moment of inertia) ?

Arches!

I had my last trim latte at Luciano, but do you know what I'm still allowed? Affogato.
Gee and D-man and made affogato with vanilla ice cream, espresso shots...
and Baileys.
Oh wow I am so craving that right now too.
However the food highlight to the trip was when we went to J'aime les macarons and I got salted butter caramel and peach iced tea macarons.

I am not kidding you, the salted butter caramel was SO AMAZING. It felt like... amazingness. I have no words to describe how delicious those three bites were.



And to conclude,

Highlight of the trip?


Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?