13 Feb 2013

A little bit about wheat free chocolate chunk cookies

Lauren's going wheat free for a while to see if she's allergic to it. Which is funny because I recall on Saturday she had a cider and then knowingly ate chocolate birthday cake. The next day she went to a picnic, hahaha...

Nevertheless, I was meeting her parents for the first time so I thought I'd bring along some baking :)
She's always been like, "You have to come meet my mum! She's heard so much about you!"
And finally we made it happen!

I spent a couple hours trying on outfits and my bed was covered in clothes- oh wait that's for this Sunday when I'm in chch :P




These cookies use rice flour instead of standard plain flour. I don't know what else rice flour is used for commonly? But we had some in the pantry, maybe asian dishes?

Wheat free chocolate chunk cookies

115 gr butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
165 g rice flour [1 cup]
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
 pinch of baking powder
100 gr [half a block] energy chocolate, chopped into chunks

1. Cream the butter and sugars until light
2. Add egg and vanilla and beat together
3. Sift in rice flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder and mix well
4. Stir in the chocolate
5. Shape dough into small rough shaped- balls and bake at 180C until firm to the touch, roughly 12-15 minutes.
Yum. Look at them rise
The dough is a lot stickier and tackier than normal cookie dough, but I promise you, you won't even be able to tell they're wheat free.
"until firm to the touch." So I touched it... and made a dent.
Lauren loved them! :D

We had a delicious dinner at her house
I learnt that she got her cooking skills from her mum.
We walked around her farm... That is her backyard right there. So beautiful.
This is Zorro, her cat
That's Zorro on the roof...
meow
And this is Jala, the german shepherd :3


And to conclude,

I have some more cookie dough ready to be rolled right now... Caramel and chocolate chip! Tomorrow is a special day!!! :))

Signed,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?